ACCE is happy to announce the Call for Resubmission of papers presented at the just concluded ACCE National Conference held at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka from March 9 to 12, 2014. This call is to enable us select papers for the Vol. 12, N0.1, 2014 Edition of the Nigerian Journal of Communication as well as select papers for the next volume of the Book of Reading. Please, note the following vital information before resubmitting your paper (s):
1. Only papers PRESENTED at the 16th National Conference are eligible for resubmission and publication consideration. We will send out a Call for a non-conference edition at a later date.
2. You must incorporate all suggestions and comments from Syndicate sessions before resubmission. The ACCE National Secretariat has a record of these comments and suggestions as well as a record of papers presented in person or by proxy at the Conference. In essence, please, rework your paper into a Journal/Book publication format before resubmission. Please, ensure compliance if your paper must have a chance of selection and publication.
3. By resubmitting your paper, you are stating that the paper is not under consideration for publication in any other outlet and that you are willing to give ACCE the copyright of the work if published.
4. Please, note that all resubmitted papers may not make it to the Peer review stage. Any paper that was not presented at the Conference, or presented but did not incorporate suggestions from Panel members will be rejected at the Pre-Peer Review stage. Any paper not accompanied with a 2,000 Naira teller will also be rejected.
5. About 10 to 15 high quality, well researched and empirical papers will make the Journal while other good quality papers (between 15 and 25) will make the Book of Reading. The Expert Peer Reviewers will determine which papers make the Journal and which make the Book of Readings.
6. All submissions must be accompanied by a First Bank Teller of N2,000 (Two thousand Naira only). This should be scanned and attached to the mail accompanying the Paper. Please, do not send the Paper and Teller separately. They must come together.The N2,000 is the ASSESSMENT Fee and should be paid to the Account Details below:
7. Acct Name: African Council for Communication Education (ACCE); Acct No: 2005410228; Bank: First Bank. Please, NEVER pay any money to any personal or individual accounts and disregard any such fraudulent message(s). All payments MUST be made to the Official ACCE Account provided above.
8. If your paper makes it to the Journal, you will not be required to make any further payment as TETFUND sponsors the publication. However, if your paper makes it to the Book of Reading, you will be required to pay N10,000 Page Fees. Please, do not pay the Page Fees until I communicate acceptance of your paper for the Book of Reading.
9.All papers must be submitted by email only via ACCE official email thus: firstname.lastname@example.org The papers must be Microsoft Word Document. ACCE uses APA Style 5th Edition referencing format for all her publications.
10. Please, ensure that the names of authors appear only on the First Page.
11.ACCE publications are rated high by the NUC and it pays you more to publish in a professional association sponsored outlet. Our policy ensures peer review mechanism are applied and most institutions even outside Nigeria recognize ACCE as a credible body.
12.Please, note that only papers submitted within the given LIFELINES will be accessed. Therefore, the lifelines for submission are stated below:
13.CALL FOR RESUBMISSION: TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2014
14.DEADLINE FOR RESUBMISSION: MONDAY, JUNE 2, 2014. Any paper submitted after June 2, 2014 will not be accessed for publication.
15.ACCE also desires the services of SENIOR LECTURERS and above who have relevant Ph.Ds as Expert Reviewers. Please, send me a mail if you wish to review for ACCE. The Council pays N3,000 per paper to Reviewers who meet her specifications. We also give between 2 and 4 papers for such individuals to review. We also expect a Report with 6 weeks if you are assigned 4 papers, and 4weeks if you are assigned 2 papers. Any violation will deny you the N3,000 honorarium. It is also an academic recognition to be selected to review for ACCE. We issue an official letter to this effect.
16.Any further inquiry should be directed to the signatory below to the National Coordinating Secretary, Dr. Nnamdi T. Ekeanyanwu via email: email@example.com