Membership of ACCE is open to all media scholars and academics in higher institutions of learning. Media practitioners who are desirous of promoting the cause of communication education in Africa are also invited to join. In essence, ACCE brings together all stakeholders in the media industry together. This includes students in the discipline, media educators, and media practitioners. The practitioners of all the adjuncts of mass communication like Advertising and Public Relations are also welcome to join as members.
Benefits Of Individual Membership
- It is perhaps the best academic and forum for media practitioners to keep abreast of the latest development in their field.
- It offers a powerful networking platform for academics and professionals in media and journalism education and scholarship.
- It is a platform for academic discourse and stimulation of personal research quests and interests.
- ACCE publications are outlets for members to share their research works as well as make contribution to the African academic community.
- Besides that, ACCE also distributes other relevant journals to its members.
- ACCE also offers the platform for individuals to provide solutions to the communication problems facing individual countries and the continent as a whole.
- ACCE connects members to other organizations and bodies relevant to individual needs.
HOW THE UNIVERSITY AND MEMBER DEPARTMENTS OF MASS COMMUNICATION BENEFIT FROM ACCE
- A Professional recognition of the Department and University as a model communication training institution.
- It provides the platform for Universities to show its world class potentials
- Better opportunity for the staff of the Department to hold Executive positions in the Council.
- An opportunity for the University and member Department to host ACCE academic conferences and Annual General Meeting. Hosting such conferences increases the tourist potential of the institution, the visibility and overall acceptance as a media training institution. Non ACCE institutions are not permitted to organize or host ACCE conferences or Annual General Meeting.
- Sending of complimentary copies of journals and other publications of the associations to the University via the Department.
- Enhance the status of faculty members who are already individual members of the associations.